Let Me In
Let Me In: re-make of a 2008 Swedish film of a vaguely similar name:
– Overall execution
– More concise, and clearer story
– Cut out a bunch of ridiculous scenes (cat lady et al)
– No shot of gnarly genitalia
– More tension in big scenes
– Father/ Cop were better acted
– Kid’s relationship not as good
– Kid actors aren’t quite as good
– Cheesy soundtrack
– OTT Vampire effects / SFX
– Cut out decent story lines (Kid’s dad)
– Still slow, boring and Emo
– Large sections are literally scene for scene
– Embraced the 1980s too much; music, pac-man, fashion, sweets etc
– Deliberately identical aesthetics (lots of fake snow)
The final product is stronger than the original, although that wasn’t hard to do for me.
Seems like you liked this one better than the original. Thats good to hear as I look forward to watching this, i didn’t much care for the swedish version.
Marginally better, but still not exactly a very enjoyable or watchable film. Would definitely put it forward before the original though.